Sunday, June 15, 2014

Prishtina in Photos, Part I

A number of you have requested that I post photos of my time here in Prishtina. If you were one of this group, I hope you enjoy these photos, which I've taken over the last week. However, these pictures also represent some of my initial impressions of the city, and, as a result, they begin an ongoing series of posts through which I document my fieldwork.

Street leading from Mother Teresa Blvd., City Centre.

Large political advertisements, such as the one on the left, are common in Prishtina's public spaces.
Courtyard, lined by apartments, in Dardania.
Zahir Pajaziti Square, City Centre.
Government Building and fountain, City Centre.
Christ the Saviour Cathedral, begun in the 1990's and left incomplete following the Kosovo War.
National Library of Kosovo, completed in 1982.

Note: These pictures have been taken with my secondary camera, a Nikon compact, rather than my primary, a Nikon mirror-less, due to technical issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment